We have been so lucky to have some great volunteers this season! One such volunteer is Ashley Nader. Ashley is currently in a program to become a Registered Dietician and we are so grateful for her expertise! You may have met her in our Chef’s Corner, where we feature local foods in recipes. Earlier this season, Ashley brought a sweet and savory option to the market, Strawberry Salsa! Check out her recipe below.
Strawberry Salsa with Mango
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries, washed, trimmed and diced
- 3/4 cup diced mango
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons honey, or more to taste
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Chop strawberries, mango, jalapeño, onion, and cilantro.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Adjust any flavors as needed.
- Serve immediately with grain-free tortilla chips!
Yum! Thanks Ashley!